Tree of Life Christian Preparatory School
Reopening Plans 2020 – 2021
In anticipation of beginning the 2020 – 2021 school year under social distancing guidelines, TLC Prep will operate under the following guidelines.
- School will start at staggered times to accommodate controlled entrance and temperature checks: K-2nd @ 8:00, 3rd – 5th @ 8:15, 6th – 8th @ 8:30 and each class will be required to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Families with students in multiple grades will be allowed to drop off all students at the time of the youngest child. Those students will wait for the time to enter their class in the kitchen. (max of 7 students) . Parents must wait until their child has completed the entrance procedure before departing.
- Students and staff will be screened before entering the building with a touchless thermometer and visual check for any COVID-like symptoms. No one will be permitted to enter the building with a fever greater than 99.6 or showing symptoms.
- Dismissal times will also be staggered: K-2nd 2 3:15, 3rd-5th @3:30, and 6th -8th @ 3:45
- If during the school day a student begins to run a fever or show Covid-like symptoms, they will be removed from the classroom and taken to the room across from the office to be monitored until a parent or designated person can pick them up.
- If a student or teacher becomes ill and tests positive for COVID-19, the classroom will convert to distance learning for a 14-day quarantine period.
- Any individual who is sick must have a negative COVID-19 test in order to return to the school building.
- In the event of a positive test, Madison Griemsman is our main contact at RAHD for discussing any confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19 among school personnel or students. Madison can be reached at 540-684-4732 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After hours, on weekends, and in the event Madison cannot be reached, we will use the call center line at 540-899-4797.
- Visitors will be limited and not permitted into the classrooms.
- Mask requirement will follow the governor’s mandate.
- Each classroom will be arranged to accommodate the 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
- Individual “sneeze” barriers will be in place on the students’ desks.
- Lunches will be held in the classrooms
- P. E. classes will be held outside as weather permits and distancing enforced as necessary.
- Student movement will be limited and controlled
- Water fountains will be shut-off. Bottle filling station will remain available.
- All rooms will be sanitized daily with use of UV-C lights
- The common areas of the building will be cleaned daily, all surfaces commonly touch will be wiped down with a disinfectant.
- Online Distance Learning will be offered and run concurrently with the in-class instruction.
- We will implement outdoor classes at the teachers’ discretion. Tents have been purchased to provide shade. Students are encouraged to bring their own “camp chairs” from home.
- Fans will be placed in the classroom windows to create air flow circulating the fresh air in and the inside air out. These will be utilized when weather permits.
- TLC Prep will, at a minimum, closely follow all CDC guidelines
- The principal will be the point of contact at the school.
Room Capacity (36 ft2/student)
K-2 – 11 students Art room – 10 students
3rd – 5th – 14 students 6th – 8th – 14 students
Tech room – 12 students Kitchen – 7 students
Gymnasium - 105 student